Friday, September 2, 2011

Simple Makeup Tutorial - Sultry Cat Eyes with Blue Highlights!



I just recently put together this really cute makeup look for one of our youtube videos, and wanted to share the steps on how to achieve this look!  It’s really simple to do, but has a huge sultry wow factor!  Hope you like!

Start with a primer base to achieve longest wear.  I like Urban Decay Primer Potion. 



Then, sweep the entire lid with a shimmery gold shadow.  I used a cream eyeshado, Wet n’ Wild Mega Eyes #193 CafĂ© au Lait, but a powder shadow will work as well.

With a black eyeliner, draw a medium line on the top lid, gently fanning it out into a cat eye in the corners.  My current fav eyeliner is Makeup Forever’s waterproof gel liner pot in black. 

Next, I used a blue/green eyeliner pencil by NYX #908 Seafoam Green, and drew a heavy line on my lower water line.  Using the same pencil, draw a line on the outer corners of your lower lid out to meet the black line from the upper lid.

Add a few coats of your favorite mascara (I love L’Oreal Voluminous) to the upper and lower lashes, and apply false lashes on top as desired!

Voila!  Prepare for some mega attention and compliments with this look!  Mine came non stop!

Posted by:  Spankie Valentine


No comments: