Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Michael Douglas & Matt Damon: Lovers In Glitter Suits in "Behind the Candelabra"!


Ok ok, I'll admit... I was first drawn to this topic simply because my cat is named Michael Douglas!  But after seeing the gliz and surprisingly wonderful glam that came from Michael Douglas' (the actor) performance as Liberace in "Behind the Candelabra" I really couldn't resist!

The HBO film debuted this past weekend, and there's another surprise:  Matt Damon was cast to play Michael Douglas' lover, Scott Thorson, in the film, a pairing we thought was just fabulous!  And let's not forget the delicious Rob Lowe who played the plastic surgeon, Dr. Jack Startz.


The film was intense, and had us glued to our seats, shouting out, "I can't believe this!"  Yes, Liberace's life was stellar and shocking in many ways.... you'd just have to see the film to know what I'm talking about.  And seriously, I've never seen Michael Douglas in anything other than a suit, buying and selling stocks with slicked back hair... so this was truly transformative!




Matt Damon said in an interview with HBO that "This waS the first movie I ever enjoyed wardrobe fittings on... I did probably eight, ten wardrobe fittings? And we really got into it."  He goes on to tell how the wardrobe was unlike anything he'd ever put on, and the energy it brought to the acting really showed.  

So what do you think of the fashion transformation?  Will you watch the film?

Posted by:  SV

No comments: